Keeping good digital hygiene is an important aspect of being online. Below are 5 tips to keep in mind.
5 Tips for Good Digital Hygiene
Check the URL:
- A secure website should use HTTPS to encrypt all traffic. Look at the URL to see if it begins with HTTPS.
Only Use Safe Connections:
- Steer clear of free, public Wi-Fi, particularly those that don’t even have password protection.
Log Off When You’re Done:
- Whenever you’re done on a website, log out. If you’re online for work and have to access the same sites multiple times a day, set your browser to automatically log you out when you close it.
- Regularly clear your cookies to make sure any leftover browsing activity data is gone.
Use a VPN:
- For more advanced protection, you can use a Virtual Private Network, which hides your IP address and re-routes your traffic through an encrypted passageway.